Would a Keytar (Yamaha SHS-10) work if connected to Garageband (the application

  • Thread starter Thread starter Dsmano
  • Start date Start date
D

Dsmano

Guest
on iMac)? For Christmas I am asking for a keytar, the Yamaha SHS-10 in particular. I understand that the SHS-10 DOES have a small speaker which gives off some mediocre sound, but I would much prefer something better. I do not currently have a keyboard in my possession.

I have a guitar which through an amp plug and other adapter can be played through Garageband onto the speakers on my mac. I can also add effects to give the guitar various pedals such as overdrive for example.

Could I apply this principal to Garageband? If I were to plug my keyboard into the mac and start playing, would it be amplified through the speakers. Also, would I be able to add various effects?

Thank you.
 
dude with the yamaha shs-10 and garageband you can do a ton!
The keytar you mentioned also has a midi out, which if you research, means you can use it to play the various instruments already on garageband. For example the keyboard you can pull up on garageband to play notes with your computer's keyboard, well instead of using your computer's keyboard with the keytar you can use That! so yeah the only thing you will need is a wire that has a midi end and a usb end so you can plug your keytar into your computer then your set!

ps. the reason why i know so much about it is because i am receiving the same keytar very soon and its midi capability is why i beame so interested in it
 
Back
Top