Why is my Yamaha FZR 600 overheating?

  • Thread starter Thread starter minuz68
  • Start date Start date
M

minuz68

Guest
On my yamaha fzr 600 I seem to have an overheating problem; fan comes on, and I removed the thermostat, and I believe switch is working since its reading the temp. I filled the bike up when I got it about 3 weeks ago with water, and checked it a couple days ago and it was low... the bike runs fine until it overheats, then rpms seem to stay high (2500-3500) when stopped and clutch engaged. Also when I went to bike week in daytona (first time it overheated) I couldn't even stop at a light and the bike would try to take off, in gear with clutch engaged. Had to let it go and stop for about ten mins. I took the thermostat out just a couple days ago, but it still over heats... any idea?? could it be leaking in cylinders and burning up like on a car when the head gasket is bad. I know about cars, but bikes are a little different. just gettin into them.. Thanks in advance
 
Back
Top