Which is better for a beginner digital piano, Casio or Yamaha?

  • Thread starter Thread starter aantrikshsrivastava
  • Start date Start date
A

aantrikshsrivastava

Guest
I'm gonna be buying a first piano as I'm learning on a cheap kids keyboard at the moment. I was thinking of either the Casio CDP-200 or Yamaha P85, my budget is limited to around $1000 AUD. I won't be playing any classical music, not soon anyway. Which is more suitable, Casios or Yamahas for beginners?

Thanks
Sadly, shops around here sell these pianos for ~$1000, I think you can't really get any better for this price where I live. A real piano here would cost a fortune.
Also, portability isn't a factor as I won't be moving it.
 
If price or sound quality was not an obstacle between these, I would get the Yamaha P85 because it comes with a stand, and the pedals are attached to the stand. However, this would limited portability.

This is coming from someone who doesn't no junk about pianos so yeah. :D
 
If price or sound quality was not an obstacle between these, I would get the Yamaha P85 because it comes with a stand, and the pedals are attached to the stand. However, this would limited portability.

This is coming from someone who doesn't no junk about pianos so yeah. :D
 
I would go Yamaha. Good brand name. Have not heard of the other one. Ive been playing for 30+ years...........and Yamaha is very good product.
 
You can get a real piano for that price. Then you'll have keys that feel like real keys (because they are real). You really should have that for beginning piano.

If you don't want to get a real piano, then get one that has weighted keys that feel as close to the real thing as possible. Also make sure the keys are full-size.

Good luck.
 
I would go Yamaha. Good brand name. Have not heard of the other one. Ive been playing for 30+ years...........and Yamaha is very good product.
 
Back
Top