The thriller dance at the reception?

  • Thread starter Thread starter Bobcat503
  • Start date Start date
B

Bobcat503

Guest
Ok my sister is getting married in November and she loves to dance so she got this genius idea to do the thriller dance at the reception and have all of the bridal party participate. She is only having 2 bridesmaids and that does include me. So the party only contains 6 people w/ her and her soon to be hubby. Do you think that would be enough people for the dance to look good or should we try to get some friends to dance along w/ us? Also any advice on getting everyone to commit??
 
Well I was about to say OMG DO NOT DO IT, THAT IS SO TACKY
....but, I just looked at the youtube video that was posted and have completely changed my mind. That looks like so much fun! I think its a great idea. I think you will have enough people and if you want more, why not ask some more friends to join in? Anyways,def do it. It looks like it will be great fun for everyone involved and watching.
 
The Thriller dance has been done so many times before. All you have to do is go to you-tube. The idea came from a bride and groom who started out doing a traditional wedding dance and then transformed it to Thriller. It was all over the news about three years ago.

It is a nice idea, but go for something else, like Madonna's Vogue or something from the movie Saturday Night Fever. Anything but Thriller.
 
If you all are doing it for fun, like when the guests dance The Bunny Hop (do they do that anymore?) or a Conga line then fine......but if this is her version of the first dance tradition to start the reception....d@mn silly if you ask me. be prepared for a lot of WTF looks, especially from older guests.
 
I think thats awesome...i just got married two weeks ago and during the daddy daughter dance we were going to bust out and do the hammer time dance! lol i def chickened out! but if you dont think it will be enough people then se if the mother and father of the bride or groom will join in or the ushers.
 
that is like a really long song and dance routine, i think it would be boring and a lot of undue pressure.
 
We're planning the same thing for Thriller!! If we keep it to just the bridal party and us, we'll be 6 as well. We might include the spouses of the bridal party, which would bring us up to 9... I think 6 would work though. More might look more effective, but the more people you have, the more difficulty there might be when you try to get everyone together to practice. We haven't mentioned the idea to our friends yet, but we're pretty sure they will agree to it. For sure the guys will will love it, maybe the girls will be a little more nervous! I'm nervous too, but my fiancé really wants to do it! Are you guys planning to just watch the video over and over and try to copy it? I think that's what we'll be doing. Good luck!! I'd love to know how it goes!! :)
 
Not to sound like a cop-out or over achiever but my fiance and I thought about doing this, too, until we had someone drop out. I think six would be good - not too many people crowding the stage. How to get them to do it depends on their personalities. If they are all for it, great! If they're a bit "iffy", I would bargain with them. "You do the Thriller dance and I'll give you $100."
 
It's really cool, but it's been done many times over. The first video posted on You Tube was posted 2 years ago! I put the link to it below. Some weddings had just the groomsmen doing it, others had the entire bridal party plus more doing the dance. Look it up on You Tube, you'll get some great examples and she can decide from there!
 
If you can get everyone to agree it do it, then it's not a bad idea. You should definitely make sure it's what the bride wants. Six people is plenty for the dance. There is a website that teaches you the thriller dance step by step. Go to thrilltheworld.com and check it out.
 
I think you will be fine. I wanted to do that for my wedding, but my bridal party got snotty and said no... so, after the reception a lot of us went on to the bar at the hotel we were staying in. My brother and I did the thriller dance, just the 2 of us, there, and everyone knew exactly what we were doing. So, with 6, you'll be wonderful!
 
That's enough I think. Maybe get the parents in on it, too? You can stand in a pyramid/tryangle formation with her at the front, since it's her day. LOVE the idea!
 
That's enough I think. Maybe get the parents in on it, too? You can stand in a pyramid/tryangle formation with her at the front, since it's her day. LOVE the idea!
 
Back
Top