My dog lost her pup during birth 3 days ago and whines for it.?

  • Thread starter Thread starter dawn2003stkn
  • Start date Start date
D

dawn2003stkn

Guest
How ca I help her get through this. It was her first liter and its so sad to watch her pain. I took her directly to the vet ad even had her spayed. I have given her a small stuffed animal.
Thank you all for your help. As to the person that said dogs live for the now. I know my dog she has been looking for her pup. She had only one. She cries when I try to take her someplace. I am so sad for her loss.
 
Call the local shelters and see if may be a puppy needs a foster mom?

Poor girl, it must be so sad.

Our 10 year old Lab died suddenly in February and our 6 year old just went to bed and would not get up for much of anything. He had always been noisy and fun but he missed her and did not understand where she went. We were going to wait to get another dog or puppy, but decided to adopt sooner for the other dogs sake. Thank goodness, it worked! After 2 weeks they became very good buddies.
 
My friends dog had a litter of beautiful puppies, she had 5 and each was a different color. It came cold weather and she didn't keep them in the shelter and they all got sick and died. That dog carried on and whined and cried for over a month. I believe she was mourning and depressed for that long and wanted those puppies back. You might try giving her a toy. That dog of my friend's found an orphaned bunny and took care of it like it was her own.
 
did they all die? if not then she can take care of the other babies, just give her time to morn. if they were all lost consider getting a baby something she could care for like a puppy or a kitten. she won't hurt the kitten while her maternal instincts are there.
 
Once again people putting human emotions into an animal, Dogs live in the now, in the moment ,Day by day. I highly doubt that is the reason for the whining. Ever watch Cesar Milan on the dog whisperer?
 
You could go to a local organization or shelter and offer to foster a cat or dog, that way your dog has a sort of replacement, and it benefits both sides. The animals in shelters need socialization with other animals, it makes them happier, and helps prepare them to be adopted out.

Good luck, I hope it all works out well =]
 
Back
Top