4
4chon
Guest
Hello. On Tuesday, I bought a brand new Acer Aspire 4730Z laptop, which I am posting this from now. Here are the specs:
Intel Premium dual-core T3400 (2.16 GHz, 667 FSP, 1MB L2 Cache)
732MB Mobile Intel Graphics Media 4500M
2GB DDR2
250GB HDD
Windows 7 Beta (fully updated, just checked the Updater)
As you can see, it's a fairly good laptop. It isn't the best, I know, but I should still be able to run less intensive games.
Anything with even the littlest bit of 3D graphics will only render at 2FPS at most, yet I can run games not in 3D just fine. Things like Starcraft, Warcraft 2, Doom, Doom 2... they all run just fine. Granted, they are over 10 years old, but even OpenGL Rise of the Triad will only get 2 or 3 FPS because some of the enemies are rendered in OpenGL. And totally forget about running things like World of Warcraft or anything like that, I get, at most, maybe half a frame a second.
Why is it the laptop runs fine and can do everything except play 3D games lightning fast? I can't figure it out.
mick f: Sorry, but there has to be a better explanation than "it can't." Things like OpenGL Rise of the Triad, which was released way back in 1997 (or so) should not bog down a decent laptop this badly. It's a good laptop, it can run things at higher than one FPS. I just don't know why it won't.
I can prove my above statement, too.
This laptop has more power than one of my PCs, which can run WoW at 40 FPS.That desktop has:
1.8 AMD single core
2GB DDR1
nVidia 6800 video card
I don't know the specifics as I'm not at home, but this laptop is far better than that PC.
Intel Premium dual-core T3400 (2.16 GHz, 667 FSP, 1MB L2 Cache)
732MB Mobile Intel Graphics Media 4500M
2GB DDR2
250GB HDD
Windows 7 Beta (fully updated, just checked the Updater)
As you can see, it's a fairly good laptop. It isn't the best, I know, but I should still be able to run less intensive games.
Anything with even the littlest bit of 3D graphics will only render at 2FPS at most, yet I can run games not in 3D just fine. Things like Starcraft, Warcraft 2, Doom, Doom 2... they all run just fine. Granted, they are over 10 years old, but even OpenGL Rise of the Triad will only get 2 or 3 FPS because some of the enemies are rendered in OpenGL. And totally forget about running things like World of Warcraft or anything like that, I get, at most, maybe half a frame a second.
Why is it the laptop runs fine and can do everything except play 3D games lightning fast? I can't figure it out.
mick f: Sorry, but there has to be a better explanation than "it can't." Things like OpenGL Rise of the Triad, which was released way back in 1997 (or so) should not bog down a decent laptop this badly. It's a good laptop, it can run things at higher than one FPS. I just don't know why it won't.
I can prove my above statement, too.
This laptop has more power than one of my PCs, which can run WoW at 40 FPS.That desktop has:
1.8 AMD single core
2GB DDR1
nVidia 6800 video card
I don't know the specifics as I'm not at home, but this laptop is far better than that PC.