I want to start dancing But I am afraid I am to old and people will laugh

Cammie B

New member
go for it! dancing isn't about ANYONE ELSE, if you want to, DO IT!
its fine because at my studio there are a lot of people your age that want to learn dance!
even my teacher whos 50 just started dancing and trust me your not old.
for tips you can go to youtube or something and watch some videos they're useful.
plus, its not really about "experience". i know some dancers that have danced all their life and still dont really have that "flow" and "rhythym".

i know that they could offer private lessons. if your coach is THAT harsh, you shouldn't even bother. maybe try a different dance coach.
but watch youtube steps, routine, and tutorials and practice them.
i know you can rent dance videos at blockbuster.

alsoo, in ballet, flexibility is important.
make sure you have those splits down and are good at bending your back and legs.
if you are flexible, the class will go along a lot easier and people wont think of you as not a bad dancer.
sry but I dont know of any studios.
 
at me should I still do it? I want to do hip hop and I want to do ballet for fitness too. I enjoy dancing but I am way beginner lol. I am 17 almost 18 and have had no prior dancing experience and I feel like when I start they will make fun of me because I am not flexible and I can not do most of the stuff they can do without practice. Do you think they will make fun of me and should I do it or is it too late for me?
Thank you.
Also do you know of any good dance studios close to temecula murieta and menifee california area?
I went to Diana's dance in menifee and the people that were in the front were so nice but the person teaching the dance was so mean and she didn't explain things to me and treated me like crap so I left so I have not really have had a good experience so could you help me out with a good place to go where they are friendly but do both hip hop and ballet.
Thanks!!!
 
Back
Top