Half life 1 PC game Unknown problem?

Robert

New member
I have an unknown problem with Half life 1 and all it's mods. It all happened after i reinstalled Windows XP because of a power failure that made Windows die and before the reinstalling of Windows, Half life 1 and all it's mods were running fine, without any problems disturbing me. But now, after the reinstalling of Windows, Half life 1 and all it's mods are now closing after a certain amount of time, like 10 seconds after the game is loaded up. This happens also after i change the game with a new mod. Even when i start up a map or something, it just closes as a surprise present after the same amount of time. No error screens or something have appeared. Just poofs. I have no idea what it is, and i would really like a way to fix this. Anyone had this problem and was able to fix it? Thanks.

PS. If the fix was with steam, i don't accept that, it caused my internet to freeze and had to do system restore after that. The way i got the game was by torrent, and that worked fine before the reinstalling occurred, but after that this thing just happened.

PPS. I reinstalled from the same torrent as well as other torrents about 20 times now and i still have that same problem. I am getting annoyed of that problem. So it is not an issue with the torrent. And also sorry if i categorized this question wrongly.
 
Back
Top