Backfire on Yamaha Raptor 350 Quad ATV?

Ash2097

New member
Hi I have a backfire and lots of burbling when i hold the revs especially at around 4000 If i hold it reving in the same RPM it just pops and burbles, I have changed the spark plug and i have a little go at the fuel screw but nothing and now i have now lost my place on where the screw should be is there away to get the screw back in the right place someone suggested screwing it all the way in and the doing half turns out until it sounds best is that the best way? Also what else could be making it do this? I bought this second hand but I am pretty sure the previous owner wouldn't of changed the jets or anything something it does have is a powertip on the exhaust the previous owner put on which take out the cap that makes the exit hole smaller and also changes the Spark arrestor could that have something to do with it? Would really appriciate some help.

Thanks
Ash
Yes at 1/4 throttle mainly nothing done to it apart from the powertip on the exhaust as mentioned and a aftermarket CDI. It is a Yamaha Raptor 350 ATV.
 
Back
Top